Bikers' Remorse

You know what?

I introduced you yesterday to an event about a couple of guys planning to do a world bike tour to help raise funds for kids of abuse.

BUT!

I would be remiss if I didn't write about the recent media attention surrounding the new 'law' in South Carolina banning African American bikers from taking to the streets during Memorial Day weekend. Here's a snippet from an article I read earlier today.

For those looking to get their groove (freak) on during Bike Week in Myrtle Beach, S.C., think again.

Just like Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell drove away Freaknik during the '90s, last November, South Carolina city officials enacted several ordinances to discourage black bikers from gathering in their city this Memorial Day.
Read more.

While the events are surely different in purpose, and in theory, I'm just saying if one group is free to ride the waves, then another should be able to as well.

This double standard thing, in life, sports, and the pursuit of happiness, has got to stop.

That's my take, and I'm sticking to it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I heard about that. This is getting crazy. I know most bikers have issues. I saw a report on the History channel that about hell's angels who did a lot worse on wheels.
T-Ranes said…
You're right. They all do.
Anonymous said…
So, they shutting down the whole event??? Whoa!