A Motorcycle Ride to Benefit Abused Children

Springtime is here, and the bike riders are already starting to polish off their motorcycle bikes to take to the road.

Here's a road trip you might be interested in taking.

David Rubando and Mark Canter are organizing a charity motorcycle ride around the country to raise money for a very worthy cause.

Proceeds from this ride will go to ChildHelp, a nationwide organization that helps abused, neglected and at-risk children. One of the programs that the Fairfax office of Childhelp facilitates is matching up under-privileged children with mentors to help them stay on the right path through elementary and high school. These are children right here in our area as young as 12 years old that are being pressured by drugs, gangs , alcohol, sex, & violence. Please take a minute to check out this website and offer your support.

“I once read ‘It’s not what you know, feel or think that defines you; it’s what you do that defines you", said Rubando.

"I’ve always felt like I was a good person. I’ve always felt like someday I would contribute my time to the community and to volunteer programs. So after the economy slowed down and I was let go from my job after 12+ years, I realized that I finally had the time to stop ‘feeling’ and start ‘doing’. I’m going to make a small difference in the world by both mentoring an at-risk child and organizing a fundraiser doing something I love – riding a motorcycle. Only this time, it’s going to be a 6 week trip around the country for a great cause– not a 2 hour Sunday drive around Fairfax County.”

You can visit www.Childhelp.org, or HitTheRoadTour.com for info on this upcoming event.

Comments