"Can I Get A List Of The Words That Trigger These Fits?"

Whenever I see another ridiculous fine for something so trivial as this I have to ask: Is there a list of 'Thou Shalt Nots' written somewhere by the NFL that constitute 'conduct unbecoming'.

Certainly acts like stepping on an opponent's head, or a coach yoking a player, may fall into the category of 'Thou Shalt Not' in the NFL -- but $20,000 for waving a buck at an official? C'mon.

Ocho Cinco was recently fined $20,000 by the NFL for joking about bribing an official during Sunday's Cleveland game against the B'more raves.

So far, depending on which way the wind blows (or how low the NFL petty cash fund is) an NFL player can get fined excessively for

1)Wiping shoes during a game
2)Celebrating in the end zone after a touch down
3)Throwing a game ball into the stands after scoring
4)Autographing a ball for a fan during a game
5)Using eyeblack to honor a fallen player (teammate)
6)Outbursts at an official

There seem to be so many items that players can get fined for that I wonder if the players are aware of them all.

Having said that, it reminds me of the scene in the 2002 movie 'Undercover Brother' where Eddie Griffin asks Dave Chappelle, "Can I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?"

Hey, NFL! Can I get a list of actions that constitute receiving a hefty NFL fine?

Until I hear back, here's a small list that we came across.

We think the NFL should save fines for real indiscretions like this here.


More Ocho
Ocho on Pacquiao fight via OCNN SPORTS NEWS:
"Just got off the phone with Manny Paquiao, due to the fact I couldn't understand a word he said I can't report a damn thing."





[**Buy a link** on DC UrbanSports]

Comments