Redskins Training Camp - Tuesday, Day 5

It's still hot, with temperatures hovering into the high 80s and 90s, but that didn't deter dedicated Redskins fans from checking in today during Redskins training camp. Here's what we found on Day 5.

Jim Zorn - Player Injury Report
As training camp heads into the completion of its first week, coach Zorn gives us an update on how players are faring.

On Randy Moss
"Randy's got a little sore knee. He felt like when he tried to really anchor it and put a load on it, it was a bit abrasive, so we held him out today. I don't know if the coming practice we'll have to hold him out, but if it's Randy it's probably not going to be [for] long."

On Mike Williams
"He hurt his groin a little bit. He's got a muscle pull."

On Stephon Heyer He got banged up in that goal line drill and has a little bruise on his knee.

We asked coach Zorn to give us an update on Albert Haynesworth and his knee.

JZ: "Haynesworth practiced, and did great. His knee is just fine."

DCUS: No worries?"

JZ: "No worries."

We can only hope that's true.

Coach Zorn On The First Week of Training Camp.
As training camp nears the end of its first week, we asked coach Zorn to give us his assessment.

"I think up to this point, we've accomplished a lot. I think now we're plugged into this grind area where guys are starting to pull, guys are getting tired, so now we gotta push through this and get to a recovery period where we got to get these guys ready to play games."

Adding, "It's not going to come until next week. We're kinda right in that grind of training camp."

DCUS: What are you most proud of?

JZ: Probably the defense. They're swarming and playing together, and really doing a nice job of communicating. They're really playing fast, as well."

On offense, I'm really proud of the amount of offense we've played thus far. We don't have it all down, but we've got a larger amount [down] at this time than we did last year. We've really come a long way, and I'm proud of the way everyone is working."




Santana Moss Muscled Up?
We couldn't help but notice Santana Moss looks like he's added a few more muscles to his physique this year. We asked him about his extra muscular quads.

"Every year it's something different. I either put on a little more [muscle], or [whatever]. I never know what it's going to do, I just go hard [at training]. It's genetics too. My mom's side of the family. All of her brothers have big, little bodies. I'm already built, but once I start putting more weight on, they just bulk up like that. I've been blessed with this body, so you know, if it weren't [meant] for me to have it, I wouldn't be able to use it. Some people can do it, some people can't. I think I take advantage of what I can do with it, and I just do it."

Moss On Today's Practice:
"It was pretty good. Defense is getting in us a lot, making practice a lot more competitive than it's normally been. Our defense has been extremely difficult these first couple of days, but all we can do is get better."

We asked: What will it take to get better?

"Just keep practicing against them, and keep going hard. There's nothing you can really try to plan or say you're going to do. You just gotta go out there and make better plays when they come your way. Our defense has just been one of those wrecking forces, right now in this camp. I look forward to it because it's making us a little better for our opponent."

Related
Training Camp - Day 1

Comments