Five Years For 'X'?

Australian Olympic silver medalist and former world kayaking champion Nathan Baggaley was sentenced to at least five years in prison on Friday on charges of supplying and manufacturing ecstasy pills.

The 33-year-old Baggaley was sentenced in Lismore District Court to a maximum of nine years with a non-parole period of five years after pleading guilty to the sale and distribution of 1,509 ecstasy tablets in November 2007.

In a 2007 posting from his website, Baggaly writes:

SEX, DRUGS, ROCK N ROLL
"Well the past 2 years have been interesting to say the least. As Im sure most of you are aware, Ive had more than my fair share of ordeals going on lately but Im hoping that they are all behind me now. Ive served a 2 year suspension which is now completed. It was a difficult 2 years which left me with a lot of time on my hands and unfortunately led me to making some bad decisions and probably to much partying also. I could go on with a lot more stories but I will finish up by stating that although there is a lot of speculation and rumor circulating about my troubles with the law, I am confident that they will be resolved in the very near future and that it will turn out favorably for me and more importantly, that I will be back racing at an elite level very soon."
Soon, in about 5 years. More

Comments