8 Golds and a Bong!



2008 Olympic gold medalist, Michael Phelps is recovering quite well after last summer’s Olympics.

Phelps, who won eight gold medals, was chillin’ having some Mary Jane fun and landed himself a photo op in the British tabloids. Phelps is seen using a bong to smoke marijuana. Phelps later apologized (after being caught) and called the action an “immature act”.

Whatever.

At least he didn’t say the marijuana was being used for medicinal purposes.

“I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.”
Twenty three year-olds know right from wrong, just as 19 year-olds do.

In 2004, (when he was a ‘youthful’ 19 year-old), Phelps got 18 months probation for driving while under the influence. [More]

Let us pray for Michael, and those like him.

Update: As of today 2/7, Mike lost his deal with Kellogg. A former Olympian gives his take on the Phelps situation. Click here.

**Here's another 'since the story broke' update** Click here.

Again, I say, Let us pray for Michael, and those like him.

Comments