Former NBA Player Turned Bassist Recouping After Leg Is Amputated

Former NBA Player turned bass guitarist, Wayman Tisdale, had surgery to remove a portion of his lower leg earlier this week.

Tisdale learned he had a cyst below his lower knee after he broke his leg in a fall at his Los Angeles home on Feb. 8, 2007.

On Wayman's web site he writes....

"The procedure will remove the lower part of my right leg. This may sound drastic but I have put it in God’s hands and now have peace, knowing that this is the best way to put this disease in check.

I have complete faith that with the Lord’s blessings this surgery will eliminate the cancer from my body and I’ll soon be back on the road doing what I do best. After recovery and rehab I plan to resume touring in the Fall."
His tour schedule begins October 2nd with a week long session in Japan.

Tisdale was drafted by the Indiana Pacers in the 1st round (2nd pick, 2nd overall) of the 1985 NBA draft.

Listen to Tisdale's smooth groves.



Comments