"Welcome to the Washington Auto Show!"


From painted-on cars, to supped up muscle cars, to EVs and more, the 2024 Washington Auto Show at the Washington Convention Center delivered.

Car lovers and enthusiasts could peruse two floors of automobile heaven.

From simulated driving that took visitors on a journey through differing terrain adventures (bumps included) to high-end, exotic cars to vintage and classic masterpieces, attendees were in for a treat.

"Today I saw the GR Corolla with 300 horsepower", said attendee Ethan Ware who we caught up with as he was making his rounds along the pavilion.

"I thought that was great, very cool; but that's my favorite car so far today", he said. 


A few cars pictured from the 2024 Washington Auto Show. 
Photos/CD Brown.

DMV artist Luther Wright was selected to showcase his talent as winner of Hyundai's Hands on Hope contest were he infused his inspiration of bold colors with modern and traditional Korean art to inspire a Year of the Dragon themed Hyundai.

"They selected me because my work already has a bold, Korean base to it, said Wright. I wanted to merge that with my own style."

Artist Luther Wright poses in front of this Korean-themed Hyundai 
he painted at the DC Auto Show. Photo/CD Brown.
If Wright's art looks familiar to you, you've probably seen his colorful works across the city.  

Ouis Ortiz, in the Ford Performance section of the show, tried his hand at simulated driving. 
 Ortiz in the Ford Performance driver-simulation booth.

"It was fun. It was an arm workout", he said as he described "how realistic" the spinning out of gravel and turning felt. "It's definitely a lot harder than I expected."

He also said, "The Ford Mustang and Bronco look great."

While the show boasted a myriad of familiar autos, there were at least two that didn't seem to make the roster.

"I did not see Mercedes there and I didn't see BMW there", said James, an attendee in town for the show with his son. "I was a little disappointed not seeing them."

He was, however, impressed with the new Volvo EX 90, calling it one of his favorites. 

"Yeah. I saw some great cars" he said, adding that both the Volvo, and the show, lived up to his expectations.

If you want to see if the Washington Auto Show will meet your expectations, mark your calendar for January, 31st through February, 9th, 2025... or you can see our past WAS coverage by clicking the links below.

Coach T. was there.


Thank you to all who allowed me to interact with you. "Welcome to the Washington Auto Show!"


DC UrbanSports | 0dcurbansports@gmail.com | @DC_UrbanSports | @dcurbansports

Comments

Anonymous said…
Had a blast! Thank you for writing about it.
My kids loved all the cars on the lower level the best! Great family fun!