Monday In Sports!

Have You Heard?!!!

Washington Wizards fire head coach Eddie Jordan. More.

Was it really a dumb move, as this article suggests?

We saw the frustration on Coach Jordan's face after the 94-87 loss to Miami last week, and knew then something had to be done.

But this?

It's never cool to get fired, especially around the holidays, but somehow I'm sure EJ will be just fine!

We wish him well.

First PJ Carlesimo, Andy Reid (?), now this.

Is there any good news in the world of sports?

Oh, yeah.

The Redskins beat Seattle!

(Jordan photo: Courtesy of cyberspace)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really don't see how he can coach into the playoffs for the last few years, and then be fired this year.

Is it really the coaching? Or is it the lack of organization's ability to get quality players in the first place?
Anonymous said…
I saw him hugging his wife, and you could tell he needed that support from her at this particular time.

It was a hug of "I'm glad my family is here to support me."

I wish the Jordan family all the best.
Anonymous said…
I'm with 'Dan'. It's not Jordan's fault the team couldn't get more than one star player.

You always have a back up. Even football has a back up QB in case the main player gets jacked!

C'mon now!