Cleveland, he's coming home!

As you've probably heard, LeBron Raymone James, aka LBJ, is taking his talents back to Ohio despite the vitriol surrounding his decision to leave his hometown four years ago.  James' decision left a city torn, and spawned a hate-filled (and racist-like) letter by the Cavaliers' owner Dan Gilbert, in which he called James a "coward", as if James should have an undying allegiance to Gilbert's purse strings.


LeBron shown here, wearing one Championship ring, is going back to Cleveland.
Still, and as told to Sports Illustrated, LeBron shares that his affiliation to the city where he was born and raised "is bigger than basketball", and the bad behavior of hundreds of people. 

Remember this?



While many may find it hard to come to grips with his 'second-term decision', and while others just don't care either way, James explains his terms, his time, his decision - quite clearly.

"When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.
I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy."

Read more here.

LeBron has invoked the feelings of two very popular songs with his decision to return to Cleveland; Pharrell's 'Happy', and Drake's "We're Going Home", and has even proven to be the bigger person by "forgiving" his enemies by deciding to step on the home court of the Cleveland Cavaliers, for another term.

Cleveland, you should be proud... even if some of you don't deserve the King.

Related
Coming home video.  The remix made for LBJ.
Chris Daughtry - home.
Just how many ways can you say it?  There's at least one more.  Click here.

Five cool things about LBJ.  
We know there are more, but this guy gives you at least 5.


Comments