You're Invited: Media That IS

On MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012 AT 12:00 P.M. ET, IBF NUMBER ONE RANKED HEAVYWEIGHT WORLD CONTENDER TONY "THE TIGER" THOMPSON
will hold a media workout as he prepares for the July 7th Heavyweight World Title fight against Wladimir Klitschko in Bern, Switzerland.

This championship fight is a rematch as the two previously fought in Hamburg, Germany July of 2008. Klitschko defeated Thompson by an 11th round knockout.

“I know in my heart that I wasn’t at my best that night,” Thompson reportedly said.  It’s not an excuse. It’s well-documented that I had surgeries after that fight. I was on one leg and pressed that fight. He couldn’t get that fighter out until the 11th round. Proper conditioning and clean living always keeps me ready. I want to now see what I can do against him while I have two good legs.”

Thompson (36-T2, 24 KO) is on a five-fight winning streak since losing to Klitschko (60, 57, 50 KO-3), with those wins coming over Adnan Serin, Chazz Witherspoon, Owen Beck, Paul Marinaccio, and Maurice Harris.


Said Thompson of wanting to defeat Wladimir Klitschoko, “There is one answer, and that answer is to win. If I win the heavyweight championship of the world, what else can you say about me? You might think bad thoughts, but you wouldn’t dare say, you wouldn’t be able to repeat those remarks if I’m heavyweight champion of the world – I have proved my point then.”

The open workout will serve as the only media availability opportunity in the United States, before Tony leaves for the fight in Switzerland.

Details:
WHO: Tony Thompson / IBF number one ranked Heavyweight Contender; Barry Hunter, Head Trainer for Tony Thompson: Jerry Vines, Manager for Tony Thompson.

WHERE: Headbangers Boxing Gym /  555 L Street, SE, Washington DC, 20003. 

WHEN:  Straight up Noon time.
 
 
Related
DC boxer Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell is also eyeing Klitschoko, but feels he has more preparation to do before being able to compete at that level.

Comments