The Michael Vick Project

Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Vick wants you to get to know him a little bit better.

Starting in February, and airing on BET, the Michael Vick Project will highlight the famed quarterback from fallen star to redemptive man.
“I just want people to really get to know me as an individual. What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I’ve made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it had never happened. But it’s not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up.”
But of course, PETA has to have their say about everything Michael Vick does as if Vick is the number one abuser of animals in all the world.

“People who abuse animals don’t deserve to be rewarded. They shouldn’t be given multimillion-dollar contracts . . . or given the privilege of being a role model. We don’t believe Michael Vick understands the seriousness of his crime. I think he’s sorry he got caught, but only time will tell if he’s truly remorseful.”

Aw, please. Give it a rest already! Do you know how many stories about regular people abusing animals make the news? Can't PETA go after those individuals with the same violent, money seeking motive, and world wide attention given to Michael Vick?

How about investigating and jailing these people?

Back to Vick's reality show.

In a statement released last year, Vick says,
“I am not doing this documentary to show people that I’m back and unchanged by the experiences of the last few years,” said Vick. “I’m allowing the cameras to see the truth – the good, the bad and the ugly results of my decisions – with the sincere hope that it will positively affect others’ lives and prevent someone out there from making the same mistakes I did.”
The Michael Vick Chronicles premieres on the BET Network February 2, 2010.

Check your local listings. I know you'll want to watch.

Related
Philadelphia loses to Dallas in NFC Wild Card Game

The Real Animal Cruelty Lives Here

Comments