Skins' Randy Thomas Out For Season

The much felt on-the-field presence of Randy Thomas, right guard for the Redskins, will be no more - at least for the remainder of this season.

Thomas injured his right tricep in Sunday's 9-7 win over the St. Louis Rams at FedEx Field.

Thomas will have surgery this week, but is optimistic, and plans to continue to support his teammates.

“I am just very disappointed right now. It hurts because I want to be out there with my teammates. I worked really hard in the off season and was looking forward to this year. I will have the surgery this week and focus my attention on rehabbing. I will be there every step of the way to help support my teammates the rest of the season. I believe in them and know we can continue to be successful.”

The 6'5, 305 lb Thomas is in his 11th NFL season. He joined the Redskins in 2003 as an unrestricted free agent.

Finding a replacement may be a tough task.

“Right now I am going to meet with the offensive staff and that will be a major subject that we will try to get the right formula for. I don’t know who is going to fill that position right now. It may not be decided with the guys that are here, but we may try a couple scenarios”, said Zorn.

"I think it’s going to be a hard choice to make because of where we’ve come with the guys that we’ve got. I think we’ve got to have someone in this program this week that’s going to start on Sunday.”

_________________________

*Update on Jason Campbell** On yesterday we found that Campbell had a sprained ankle. We've learned today, that he has a sprained foot, but will be able to play on Sunday.

Comments