Brian Orakpo On His Baritone Voice

Brian Orakpo with Chris Cooley.  Photo/CD Brown. DC UrbanSports.
First year line backer and defensive end, Brian Orakpo has an amazingly deep voice. Naturally, I asked him about it.

DCUS: "Where did you get your voice, and did you ever sing in church?"

BO: "No, I never sang in church, but I've been talking like this every since the first grade."

DCUS: You mean with a voice like that your mother never put you in the church choir?

BO: No, never.

DCUS: "Do you have brothers with a voice like that, or are you the only one?"

BO: No, I'm the only one. It came natural."

DCUS: Do you have any aspirations of doing anything with your voice like voice-overs or sports commentary after your football career?

BO: "Some acting, some voice overs when it's all said and done. That's my thing right there."

I still think Orakpo has a singing (not rapping) career in his future so I asked him to harmonize.

He declined saying, "I got a reputation to protect."

Listen to Brian Orakpo on Channel 9 sports to hear his voice, here.

Comments