A Moment In 'Presidential Pitch' History

President Obama sits with baseball's Hall of Fame inductee, Willie Mays on Air Force One before arriving in St. Louis to throw out the Presidential pitch during the MLB All-Star game at Busch Stadium.

Mr. Mays flew with President Obama from Michigan to St. Louis on Tuesday. Mays said he gave the president one piece of advice in throwing out the first pitch tonight: "Follow through."

Follow through he did. Watch the video as our 44th makes the pitch.



Mr. Mays and the President share a moment in history on Air Force One.



"I reminded [Obama] that I dreamed about this day. Not being on Air Force One. I dreamed about someone my race being President. Not knowing that anyone would. And I reminded him that I cried most of the night in Chicago. I went to bed around 7-8 in the morning. I was so proud. That tells me that all the things I went through, it was for good things. I’m just proud of him. He made me proud. I’m proud of him – what he stands for."
The American League (AL) triumphed over the National League (NL) with a 4-3 win, extending its win streak to thirteen.

Tampa Bay's Carl Crawford won MVP honors.

Related
More on Mays

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a profound moment in American history.