Mystics Continue To Add (And Subtract) '09 Roster

General Manager Angela Taylor announced the addition of Forward Kristen Mann to the team’s roster. Mann participated in Washington’s training camp prior to the start of the 2009 season.

Washington released center Josephine Owino. Mann will step in for Marissa Coleman who suffered a high ankle sprain and is expected to miss the next four to six weeks of play.

Mann was selected in the first round (11th overall) of the 2005 WNBA draft by the Minnesota Lynx. She spent three seasons with the Lynx where she averaged 6.3 points per game, 2.9 rebounds per game and shot 34 percent from the three point line. Mann’s WNBA career averages are 5.7 points per game and 2.7 rebounds per game.

Here's what Mann had to say about becoming a Mystics player...

"I knew it was gonna happen tho, but regardless it
worked out for the best. I had a looong chat with the GM and head coach for Washington a while ago and well now I'm with them :-) haha. I was kidding with my mom that it was a great day when it happened bc it was also inauguration day for Obama. So I said, "It's all about making history today Mom. Obama gets inaugurated and I sign with the Mystics" ;-) aaaaand of course my mom pointed out Obama is the 44th President and 44 is my number haha."
The Mystics will host the WNBA’s annual initiative, Dads & Daughters ®, this Saturday, June 20 at 7:00 p.m. during the game featuring Kristi Tolliver and the Chicago Sky.

Go to www.washingtonmystics.com.

Comments