Monday In Sports!

LA Lakers Win NBA Finals!

Ten titles for Coach Phil Jackson as the Lakers defeat the Orlando Magic 99-86 in Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

Jackson, who is being compared to Red Auerbach (nine titles), had this to say about winning his tenth (four in Chicago, six in LA).

"I’d like to say that it’s really about the players; it’s about Kobe Bryant, about Derek Fisher’s leadership of the team. “I tried to take them through some of the build up things that we had to do last year as a basketball club. They came together this year and were self motivated, and for a coach that’s always a positive sign. When a team is ready, they’re aggressive, their learning curve is high, and they wanted to win. I’ve always felt as a coach you have to push your team, and I told them they had to push themselves. I wasn’t at the stage of my life where I could get out and do the things that I had done 10 years ago or 15 years ago to push a team. And they pushed themselves, and I really feel strongly that this is about them."

Bryant (aka Black Mamba), scoring 30 points, won his fourth NBA title (this one without Shaq), and also received game MVP honors.



“It felt so good to be able to have this moment,” said Bryant, accompanied by his wife Vanessa and two daughters, Natalia and Gianna.

What did the Orlando Magic have to say?

Dwight 'Superman' Howard: "No need to hold our heads down. We'll be back next season."

I came across an interactive media presentation of what makes a perfect NBA baller. Among the attributes: quickness, stamina, anticipation, speed, post moves, strength, flying dunking.

In reality, aren't those the makings of a championship game, too?

With the Lakers winning their 15th franchise title, I'd say it is.

Related
Shaq Tweets on Kobe's win.
"Congratulations Kobe, u deserve it. You played great. Enjoy it my man enjoy it." (More)

Orlando's post game interview

Comments