Jordan Happy To Be a 76er!

Finds A Lil 'Philadelphia Freedom'


Former Wizards coach, Eddie Jordan becomes the 76ers' newest head coach, the second for the franchise in as little as three years.

No worries. They needed a coach, and Jordan needed a job.

It works out well for both.

"We are thrilled to have Eddie Jordan as the coach of the 76ers", said General Manager, Ed Stefanski.

View the press conference introducing Jordan as the new coach, learn of Jordan's history with the franchise, and his thoughts about his former Washington Wizards team here. [TIP: Start video at :55 mark for best viewing.]

We wish him well in his new hometown, and with his belief in "unselfish basketball".

(Photo: Comcast.net)

Oh Philadelphia freedom shine on me, I love you
Shine a light through the eyes of the ones left behind
Shine a light shine a light
Shine a light won't you shine a light
Philadelphia freedom I love you, yes I do! - Elton John
View more video. More of coach Jordan on DC UrbanSports.

Comments

Charles said…
Good for him. He's a great guy, and an even better coach.
Anonymous said…
The Wizards let another one get away, just like they did with Roger Mason, Jr.
Anonymous said…
Well good for him. Now he can get that tooth fixed. I don't understand how all these millionaires have raggety teeth. I know they can afford a dentist. (This includes Rasheed Wallace)

I have no health coverage and can't get my teeth fixed - and these guys won't even go near a dentist! Geez!
Anonymous said…
Eddie Jordan, we'll miss you. Good luck in Philly.
Anonymous said…
Sad to see him go. I hardly think Flip will do any better. But only time will tell
Michael said…
Eddie has a proven track record. If you listen to the interview from yesterday's press conference you will hear of his accomplishments.
DC UrbanSports said…
Hey Anon - I agree. I interviewed Roger after a game a couple years ago when he was hitting 3s in games left and right. He said he was "just keeping himself ready for anything the coach (Jordan at the time) needed him to do. Don't know how they missed a good player like that. Roger's Twitter page states he's already "ready for next season."