Update To A Previous Posting

We've learned that Mike Tyson's daughter, Exodus, has in fact died from injuries sustained Monday when a daggling cord from the family's treadmill mysteriously became engaged around the four year-old's neck.

The four year-old was given CPR by her mother while waiting for emergency medical team members to arrive to take her to a Phoenix hospital. She had been on life support.

"There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus," the family said in a statement. "We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal."
Mike had this to say to MTV.com last month about his family and children in an interview.

"I look forward to having some grandkids one day," he said. "And I'm really trying to work into re-creating my relationship, rebuilding my relationship with my children. [In the past I was so wrapped up in being] this Mike Tyson, 'Iron Mike,' heavyweight champion of the world or whatever I was, that I neglected my children and people I was in love with at one time. And I'm bearing the brunt of it right now. At this stage in my life, I'm starting to feel the pain and the effects from it, and I would like to rekindle that relationship."
Tyson has five remaining children.

Our prayers and condolences to the Tyson family in their time of grief.

More Tyson articles on DC UrbanSports

Comments