New Mystics Coach, Julie Plank Raves About New Mystic Players!

Hello Mystics Fans!

This is my first blog since the college draft, and I just want you all to know how ecstatic I am about the players we selected to be a part of the Mystic organization. I am very pleased with the additions of: #2 pick Marissa Coleman, #23 pick Camille Lenoir, #24 pick Jelena Milovanovic, and #28 pick Josephine Owino.

I am assuming many of you have watched Marissa Coleman play throughout her career at Maryland. Well, if you haven’t, let me tell you “she is special”! Not only is she an outstanding versatile player, but she brings many intangible qualities to the table as well. Marissa plays with an incredible amount of passion, is very unselfish, contributes on both ends of the court, and is a great leader. Even though she graduated from Maryland, she told me that many of her new teammates contacted her immediately (and a few of those were Dukies)!

I know my staff, along with Angela Taylor our GM, are very confident that Marissa will bring that “championship mentality” to our Mystic’s team! She is a WINNER!

To read more of Coach Plank's blog, click here.

Mystics training camp begins May 17th. For info on training camp, the '09 schedule and more, and more - visit www.washingtonmystics.com.

Comments