The 2009 NFL Draft 'Local Picks' - 1st Round

In the first round, with the 13th overall pick - the Redskins selected Texas DE, Brian Orakpo.
"This is the team I wanted. It's a great fit."
Meanwhile, University of Maryland, wide receiver, Darrius Heyward-Bey goes to the Oakland Raiders in the 7th over all pick.

Baltimore selects Micheal Oher, the other man- brother man with an amazing story (and the second athlete in the DC Metro area we mentioned today, who went from nothing, to something by way of sports).

Oher says he doesn't hold grudges against anyone for the misfortune he encountered as a child.
"I don't dwell on anything. I'm not going to feel sorry for myself because I didn't have a place to stay a lot of time. It is what it is. We've got to go through some things in life. Take it and run with it."
I can almost relate.

Oh yeah, that other guy? The latest to cause 'suspicion' at Redskins Park? - went to NY.

See who else fared well in this year's NFL draft.

Comments